Korean Skincare Routine #1 | Ally

Hey it’s me! Ally! I’m in a hyperactive mood today because I came home from school and realized I didn’t have any homework! Anyways, I felt super bad for not posting anything for the past couple of months and I’m not going to try to give an excuse because the 3 of us did agree to give our all in this blog and I was trying really hard to think of interesting yet unique and helpful blog posts at the same time. I didn’t come up with much but I think this particular post would help those who want perfect, glowing skin. Much like Korean women’ have. I would have to say that I personally don’t have perfect looking skin but I want to!!!

Recently, I’ve been getting into facial and skincare products. And let’s just say I used to be a wise spender but nowadays…..I just splurge on anything and everything that has got to do with my skin. I gotta admit that I’m a very skeptical person and I have major trust issues. So I didn’t just go out and buy everything without doing a little research on what I need or most importantly, want. In this post, I’m not gonna bore you guys about why I bought them, what the products do and throw at you the entire routine. I’ve decided to separate the routine into segments because I want to give you guys a more in depth explanation and to do so in one post would be cray cray. (Ok I just wanna clarify that I don’t usually use the word ‘cray cray’)

Disclaimer: I’m in no way saying I’m an expert in skin care. I’m completely speaking based on experience.

WARNING: This routine is time consuming and requires a lot of layering J But it’s worth it.

---------- Let’s get on with step 1 ----------




This is obviously a step you can’t skip. If you do…..then basically the rest of the routine is pointless! Cleansing is a very important step in your facial routine. Cleansing your face ensures that all the impurities or dirt in your pores are…cleaned! (The name itself explains it all) It also gives way for other products to better penetrate and absorb into your skin. There are many types of cleansers out there in the market. It actually depends on your skin type and which cleanser best suits your skin. There are also oil-based cleansers, foam-based cleansers, cream-based cleansers and gel-based cleansers.

Dry skin: If you have dry skin, avoid getting cleansers containing alcohol or other harsh chemicals such as sulphate. (They will dry out your skin even more) Using a mild cream-based cleanser with moisturizing benefits would better the condition of your skin. If you don’t have acne prone skin, a cleansing oil should work just fine.

Combination skin: Combination skin can be dry in some areas and oily in others, such as the T-zone. The T-zone covers the nose, forehead and chin. (I personally have combination skin) If you have combination skin, try using a gentle cleansing foam. Cleansing foams will help cleanse without stripping your face.

Oily skin: Normally, people with oily skin types tend to have larger and clogged pores, which leads to blackheads, acne and other imperfections. (Let’s “face” it, no one is perfect. Did you get it? I’m such a loser…..I know L) A gel cleanser will help eliminate all the excess oil your skin produces. Avoid using oil cleansers because they can be too rich for your skin, which makes your skin even worst.

Sensitive skin: Opt for cleansers, which don’t contain any fragrances or preservatives. This is to prevent your skin from having any reactions or breakouts. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to do a detailed research into the products before purchasing it. Sensitive skin types are harder to care for because some products might not be suitable. Try looking for cleansers that contain pure aloe vera extract as it may help with any irritation and also soothe the skin at the same time.

Tip #1: If you do get foaming cleansers, it is important to start the foaming process in the palms of your hands. Don’t apply the cleanser straight onto you face and start creating the foam directly. Use an adequate amount and rub it in the palms of your hands to form the foam/bubbles beforehand. Have fun with the bubbles! J 

Tip #2: When cleansing, rinse your face with lukewarm water. This will help open up your pores and it’ll be easier for the cleanser to clean out the gunk from your skin. But remember to wash your face with cold water after cleansing to close the pores. This is crucial because you don’t want dirt entering your pores again!
 
Hope this has been helpful,
Ally :)



***** Coming Soon *****

Comments